Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Chicken and biscuits...revised

So I made chicken and biscuits in the crock pot with a few adjustments.  I used deli turkey, sliced 1/2 inch thick and cubed, instead of chicken (this was a mistake ~ rotisserie chicken will be next) and adjusted the ingredients as follows:

2 1/2 lbs Deli Turkey sliced think and cubed (not a great substitute)
2 cans of condensed chicken soup
1 can of condensed mushroom soup
3 cans of water
1 large chicken bullion cube
sliced onions (an excellent addition)
sliced carrots (another good choice)
sliced mushrooms (another excellent addition)
1 large can of refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, sliced into quarters
Sea salt
Pepper

I cooked on high about 3 hours, low for 1 hour

I mixed everything except the biscuits up well in the crock pot, then added the biscuits.  I stirred the "stew" about every 30 minutes while cooking.  I didn't allow the biscuits to rise to the top this time, mixing them back into the stew.  The reward was a rather tasty turkey and dumplings dinner.  Like I said, I'm going to try the above recipe with rotisserie chicken next time and add potatoes.  I'm also going to try serving over egg noodles.  This attempt was so much better than the first one and there were no leftovers this time:-)  Maybe third times the charm~lol

No comments:

Post a Comment