Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The bed saga continues...

It's so much nicer sleeping on a "stable" bed since Bob added the hinges, but this presents a new problem in itself.  Now, the "sleeping platform" is so heavy it's difficult to swing into position, not to mention both cushions have to be moved out of the salon before it can be put into place.  This means it's not only heavy, but a cumbersome task every evening to set it up and every morning to fold it back into place. 

One of the Coffee Club guys suggested drilling a hole in the lower outside corner (inside when the beds flipped out of the way) and inserting a piece of line (rope for you land-lubbers~lol) so there's a handle to help with swinging the bed out.  I'm going to go one step further and put a "handle" on both corners.   I'm not positive that this will be that much help, but anything to keep my "large" bed is worth a try.  I'll let you know how it works out:-)  Otherwise, I think I may have to remove the hinges and see if I can't come up with another way to hold it in place...

No comments:

Post a Comment