Monday, October 4, 2010

The Coffee Club



Marina life actually revolves around socializing to a certain degree.  I'm finding that, while I enjoy living on The Mystery (and boat life in general), I am enjoying the social life with the other marina people.  Every morning, there's a group that sits near the office to have a cup of coffee.  It seems to be the same group every morning and it gives us a chance to talk and find out a little more about each other.  We also find out what's happening on what boats and the projects that are being worked on for the day.

This opportunity to socialize is not simply a chat session some mornings though.  I have learned so much about living on the boat from the Coffee Club.  Not only do I get to meet new people and discuss current events, but I've also learned a wealth of information about living on board.  My new bed came about from a member of the Coffee Club.  Adjustments that will soon be made to the new bed are a direct result for talking about a simple issue I'm having (it's a pain to set up and take down alone!)  Tapping into the experience of people that have lived on boats for years is not only important for me, as a "newbie", but I truly appreciate the help and advice.  Thanks to all my Coffee Club pals.

No comments:

Post a Comment