Saturday, October 9, 2010

Power vs. Sail...I have boat envy!

HUGE improvement in livable space...and cost

I now have a major case of "boat envy".  This morning, Bob and I went to see a few boats that are available at auction in a neighboring marina.  After checking out a little Catalina, we stepped aboard a Chen Wa power boat...talk about impressive!  It has 2 separate sleeping quarters on opposite ends of the boat, 2 separate heads with shower and bathtubs for each of the berths, a huge state room and plenty of outdoor space.  The storage on board was impressive  AND there was a stove, oven, refrigerator and double sink!  There is a huge difference in size once you go "power".  Unfortunately, there's also a huge difference in price, maintenance and gas usage.  I guess that we'll be sticking with sails!  Besides, The Mystery is actually starting to grow on me:-)  For such a little boat, she's suiting our purposes at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment