Friday, October 29, 2010

Doggie duds when sailing...

So everyone tells us we need to walk our dogs on a harness just in case we ever need to pull them onto the boat or dock in case they fall in.  Today, I bought harnesses but I really don't like them.  These are regular walking harnesses and are not intended for lifting your pet.  Now, I can see where they would be a lot more comfortable in case of emergency, but they will still be a little painful for poor Sara if we ever need to use one.  Also, they have no handle to grab them, nor an adequate "hook" to use a reach pole and pull them in.

I thought about safety float vests and plan on investing in a couple before we ever set sail, but isn't there something better to haul them besides those repelling hook-ups?  You know, maybe a harness with a second belly strap and a handle at the top in addition to the D-ring?

If anyone has ever seen one or knows of someone who can make one, please let me know.  I really need to figure out a way to safely (and painlessly...to the dogs at least) get them up if they fall in.

No comments:

Post a Comment