Thursday, September 30, 2010

Learning to cook "boat" food

Cooking on our tiny boat presents it's own set of problems.  Not only is my only counter space also the step to get out, but the work surface is so low it's a back-breaker.  I'm a tall person, so a low work surface is a pain...literally.

I've decided that cooking on the boat is going to be only done when there's no other options~lol  I have purchased a nice electric burner that has 2 cook surfaces.  This can easily be used on the boat when the weather is too bad to cook at the pavilion, but easily transported for cooking outside the boat most evenings. 

Since everyone knows I have no patience for cooking big meals, my neighbor has thankfully introduced me to stir-fry and has even taken me shopping at the Asian market.  I can now make a mean beef stir-fry and am ready to learn a few new dishes.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have the cooking figured out pretty well. Glad you feel better...now, keep this blog updated with info and pics!!! Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete