Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The head is shot...


What my intake valve should look like...
So I'm tired of traipsing up to the bathrooms after dark and I've decided it's time to fix the head on the boat.  I thought it was going to be an easy thing, just run the hosing into a new holding tank since it looks like that's the only thing missing.  The new holding tank was easy to install, but unfortunately the water intake to actually flush the toilet is shot.  Someone decided to change the water intake valve to a regular house fitting like what's used to turn on your outdoor spiggot.  Turns out that it gets rusty in salt water (duh!) and no longer works properly. 

In order to change out this one fitting, the boat has to be pulled from the water since removing the fitting will involve putting a hole in the bottom of the boat.  Yet another example of working on the boat is NOT the same as repairs in a house.  It look's like I'll be taking after dark walks awhile longer.

This is what my intake valve does look like...only in worse shape~lol
This is not marine grade!

No comments:

Post a Comment