Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A good nights sleep...

So after the "new bed" fell off the braces Bob put the hinges on the bed for me.  It now folds out at night and stays where it's supposed to be without any slipping.  It's rather nice to have a stable platform to sleep on without worrying.

I have cut down the quarter berth cushion so there's a softer surface ( not soft enough though~lol) to sleep on for both Bob and I at night.  After I add velcro to the bottom of the cushion to stop it from slipping at night, I am going to buy a Memory Foam topper for the new bunk since the cushions are simply too hard to get comfortable.  I'll still have to figure out storage for the topper, but I think the comfort level will make it worth the effort.  Ah...I can finally have a good nights sleep.

It's still a small space since my single, fitted sheets has a little room left over at the top and fits perfectly at the bottom, we are still much happier with the new sleeping arrangements.  It's still a little short for us at 60", but it's still SO much better then the v-berth since we don't have to ight all night for "stretch room". (The average single bed is 39" x 74".)  Considering we've been sleeping on a bunk that's only 24" at it's wides and 19" at it's narrowest, this feels like a TON of space~lol

I'll get photos of the completed bed posted tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment