Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Converting the quarter-berth...

Quarter-berth before the refrigerator
So I've gotten the cushion pulled from the quarter-berth and picked up a blanket for Sara at the local Goodwill and I'm ready to get a refrigerator.  Bob and I will head out to WalMart this evening and bring one home.  I'm so excited!  It almost feels like Christmas~lol  We'll still keep the cooler for a few things (bottles of water, Gatorade and other drinks), but our food will be easily accessible from inside the boat now.

Sara doesn't seem to be overly please that the comfy cushion is no longer available to her, but she will hopefully take to the blanket fairly well.  I've placed her food and a small bowl of water in the back so she knows this is still "her space".

When I removed the cushion, I found yet another storage compartment that we hadn't found yet.  WOO HOO!  More space to put things!  I don't know if I'll be able to open it after the refrigerator is in place, so I'm not going to put anything there yet.  If we can't open it easily, then I'll store our non-season clothes stored in zip bags.  That way we only have to move the fridge twice a year...we'll have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment