Sunday, August 22, 2010

Time to move the boat

Max's first real dinghy ride
So it's time to move the boat...finally.  Unfortunately, the woman that was supposed to move it seems to think that whenever she gets to it is fine by us.  I've tried to explain that we have to have it moved and be living on-board by the 31st of the month, but she doesn't seem to get it.  Thankfully, the harbormaster at Rivers Edge has volunteered to help us out.  Smitty (a long-time resident) has agreed to captain our little boat for the move.  I am so thankful for the good people at the marina!

Max and I, along with Smitty and Paul have decided that the best course is to dingy out just before high tide and bring her in with the tide behind us.  I'm a newbie, so that's fine by me!  On the way, we'll be delivering a wooden dinghy to someone in Fish Island Marina.  Sounds like an adventure!

When we arrived at our new boat, we discovered that a little "piracy" had been going on while it was anchored unattended in the bay, but that's a story for another time.  Smitty and I pulled anchor while Max and Paul got our boat tied up to the dinghy for the push to Rivers Edge (did I tell you the engine had disappeared?).

After a lovely trip through the salt marsh, I am happy to say that our boat is secured to the docks and we are ready to start moving on.  Now the hard work begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment