Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Finding the right marina


We've now owned the boat for a few days and it's time to find a marina.  I've been talking to friends who live aboard and have settled on visiting 2 different ones.  Hidden Harbor and Rivers Edge. 

Hidden Harbor is in a small inlet that's protected from the wind and waves, but isn't in a very convenient location for us.  After visiting, we've discovered that it's in a lock community and well off the beaten path. 

Rivers Edge is close to downtown (I can ride a bike or walk to work if need-be) and has a restaurant/bar on the property.  Not that I think we'll be visiting the bar, but the restaurant may come in handy when I don't feel like cooking.  The people there seem to be very nice and the harbormaster has been extremely helpful so far.  I think that this is where we'll be settling in.

No comments:

Post a Comment